Wednesday, February 08, 2006

hacha!

Well, I'm going to update this, even though I'm not sure I'm feeling like it.
I've just quit my job, after exactly 8 hours of work. It was the front desk at La Quinta Inn, and I'm not sure if I could have stood another day (literally I suppose, since you're not allowed to sit down, even though it's the front desk). It was a nasty run in with bullshit corporate jobs that try to pretend they're prestigious and really suck.
It's propelled me to work on my solo set, and get some gigs, and I'm going to do that soon. My ultimate goal is to be supporting myself in a month, and also to join my friend Gabe Dominguez (Shake Your Peace) on a rock and roll bicycle tour this summer.

Here's a potential set list for right now, with more to come later:

I am a moon person (in progress, for guitar and voice!)

St. James Infirmary (for guitar and voice and feet of the drumset)

You Can See (a stripped down version of the Deerhoof song of the same name!)

Oh Lord, It's a Beautiful Day! (in which select audience members make animal noises)

You can Do it if you want to Do it, but Do you want to Do it? (improv guitar and voice)

Critics' Song ("I will tell you everything I don't know...by trying to tell you everything I do [in just 2 paragraphs!] I will write a letter to your parents...and tell them they were wrong for loving you.")

All of Me/My Brazilian Romance (a story for voice, trumpet, lonely boy, beautiful girl)

I'm not sure if there's anything else, but there's a big list in my room.
oh yeah, if my friend Bach shows up (yes, it's his real name, Bach Wilder Norwood, nonetheless!) I'm hopefully going to learn "Mommas don't let you babies grow up to be cowboys" with him. There will be some back porch country guitar, some senseless guitar thrashing/noise, some screaming to hit the hi notes, and a good time all around.
Are you down?
If you have any amazing ideas of songs I can play (I like to cover songs, it's a good way for me to practice my singing!), let me know. chumps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home