Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So about that Denton...


I'm living in a good place, and I'm happy. It's 90% of where I want to be, and 100% of where I need to be to get there.
I'm pleased to start playing and learning the rather advanced breed of music they've got down here, which most of my friends are involved in, and some understand extraordinarily well.
Speaking of which, thanks to all those new friends, who have been so accepting and warm. I felt at home the first day I met all of you (which is more than I can say for New York).
As for the weather, I underestimated the cold!, but luckily I've got roommates who let me use their spare jackets (and gloves, when I'm riding).
Speaking of riding, I've met some cool kids who are involved in bikes.
The first picture above is a picture of my friend Jared (Jarot?) jousting on a tall bike (think two bicycle frames stacked atop one another. Actually, don't think. PLEASE, check out this incredbile clip of the black label bike club [nyc/brookLYN!]).
I'm going over to Jared/rot's house to toy around in his garage sometime, and hopefully accomplish two things:
1. Build a custom bike from his humungous assortment of pieces,
2. Convince him to build some more art bikes, and include them in an upcoming art exhibition I'm hoping to stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home